Safety on the Job and in Public
Each battered woman must decide for herself if and when to tell others about the violence. Friends, family and co-workers can help to protect her, and she needs to consider carefully who to ask for help.
I can do any or all of the following:
1. I can tell my boss, the security supervisor and _____________________ at work of my situation.
2. I can ask __________________ to help screen my telephone calls at work.
3. When I leave work, I can walk with __________________ to my car or the bus stop. I can park my car where I will feel safest getting in and out of the car.
4. When traveling home if problems occur, I can __________________
5. I can use different grocery stores, shopping malls, and banks to shop and do business at hours that are different from those I used when residing with my battering partner.
6. I can also __________________
Click here to read about Safety and Drug or Alcohol Use.